Commitment to Change in Medical Education

Posted Posted in EMR in the Classroom

Sadly, less than 20% of the readers of this article are committed to real change in medical education. The other 80%–need more convincing. Which group are you in today? This “need-for-change” is a common theme in all communities. It covers every aspect of our lives, but we usually can’t see it unless someone points it out. We have the proclivity to wait for validation from others before we take any action. I have witnessed many smart and well-intentioned individuals fall short of their expectations and that of others because they have conviction, but lack the commitment to see their innovation through to completion. I have fallen prey to this as well. Most do. We fail continuously to see our grand and noble intentions come to life, and wonder, “Why did this happen again?” All Too Common Example What is it? It is the diet we […]